Paul McFarlane is a graduate of Tulane Law School and has practiced before state and federal courts in Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Alaska for 16 years. Paul’s civil litigation and law experience practice includes a wide range of matters, including employment law, state and federal whistleblower laws, personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, commercial disputes, complex commercial litigation, ERISA, insurance defense, insurance coverage, real property, consumer, family law, probate, and other areas of law.Paul’s transactional practice includes drafting employee handbooks and employment contracts, purchase and sale agreements, business formation agreements and articles, real estate contracts, leases, covenants, conditions and restrictions, and estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.Paul and his wife Leslie have three children, a dog and two cats. Paul enjoys spending time with his family, running, hiking, camping, skiing, mountain biking, and fetching the dog, Homer.
- JD, Tulane University School of Law (1995) Editor in Chief, Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- BA, Lewis & Clark College (1992) Honors in History, Minor in Economics
- Bering Sea, Alaska, (1981-1989) Commercial Fisherman on Crab Boats and Trawlers*
*I worked as a commercial fisherman on the Bering Sea in Alaska for eight years before finishing college and attending law school. This experience helped form my strong belief that hard work and commitment leads to successful results, whether trying a case before a jury, preparing an estate plan, or catching King Crab.
- Licensed in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Federal District Courts for the Districts of Idaho, Oregon, Eastern & Western Washington, and Alaska
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Idaho State Bar, Oregon, Washington & Alaska State Bars
- Graduate, Idaho Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
- Idaho Legal Aid Services, Board of Directors 2012 – present
- Idaho State Bar, Lawyers Assistance Program Committee, 2013 – present